Most buildings have main-line voicemail messages that differ between internal and external calls. For changing the external messages, these are the following steps that must be performed.
- Dial 2222
- Enter your ID which is your 4 digit extension and press # (only people who are assigned call handlers for that extension can perform this function)
- Enter your personal voicemail PIN and press #
- It's going to ask you for the call handler extension, enter the 11 digit number of the extension you want to change (e.g 1-763-745-XXXX), and press and press #.
- Listen to the tutorial and follow the directions for the standard greeting. If you want to have a special greeting when there are school breaks, during the summer, etc. you can go in and set up an alternative greeting.
- You can listen to what you've recorded and can change it as many times as you need until it's just right.
- Please make sure to test that all is working and verify the calls go to the appropriate person's voicemail box.
- After recording the message, let the helpdesk know of any button actions that may need to be changed.