You are using Mozilla Firefox and are noticing unwanted pop ups and advertisements due to "allowed" notifications.
Step 1: Open your Firefox and go to settings. Firefox settings can be accessed 2 different ways.
- The first way is by click on the 3 stacked horizontal lines, next select "Preferences"
- The 2nd way is by selecting "Firefox" on the top bar in the left hand corner and selecting "Preferences" from the drop down menu.
Step 2: When Firefox settings/preferences is opened look at the list on the left and select "Privacy and Security"
Step 3: Scroll down to "Permissions" and select "settings" next to "notifications"
Step 4: Find the notification you want to remove or disable.
- To disable the notification click the down arrow next to "Allow" and select "block"
- To remove the notification or all of the notifications select "Remove Website" or "Remove All Websites"
- When finished select "save changes" close out and restart Firefox.