This article will explain logging into your new PC for the first time and how to install printers.
Where to Start
Logging into your PC:
Open the lid and press the power button located near the top-right corner of the keyboard.
- This will boot to the Windows 10 lock screen (has time and date)
- Press the spacebar to get to the login screen.
Type your Active Directory credentials and press enter.
- Wait for the desktop to load. This may take several minutes.
Right-click on the Windows 10 icon in the lower-left corner of the screen
Click on “File Explorer”
Type "\\printserver01" in the file path bar near the top of the window and press enter
You will now see a long list of printers
- You will now see a long list of printers
Click “search printserver01” in the top-right corner
Type in the 3 letter name of the building you are assigned to
The list will automatically filter for the printers you are looking for
- The list will automatically filter for the printers you are looking for
- Double-click on the printer/s you need and it will automatically install
Restoring your data:
- Click on the link below for steps to restore data on your new PC.