This article will explain logging into your new PC for the first time, as well as, how to install printers.
Where to Start
Logging into your PC:
Open the lid and press the power button located near the top-left corner of the keyboard.
- This will boot to the Windows 10 lock screen (has time and date)
- Press the spacebar to get to the login screen.
Type your Active Directory credentials and press enter.
- Wait for the desktop to load. This may take several minutes.
**Note: The trackpad on your new PC is quite different. Right and left click are still the same, however, there are no physical buttons anymore. Play around with the trackpad to get comfortable with using it.
Right-click on the Windows 10 icon in the lower-left corner of the screen
Click on “File Explorer”
Type "\\printserver01" in the file path bar near the top of the window and press enter
You will now see a long list of printers
- You will now see a long list of printers
Click “search printserver01” in the top-right corner
Type in the 3 letter name of the building you are assigned to
The list will automatically filter for the printers you are looking for
- The list will automatically filter for the printers you are looking for
- Double-click on the printer you need and it will automatically install
**Note: You will only be able to install printers you have access to.
Restoring your data:
- Click on the link below for steps to restore data on your new PC.