This article provides information on using the SMART Panel 7000 series panels.
Connecting to Wi-Fi
- From the home screen, tap the Settings icon.
- Tap the Network button in the left-hand panel.
- In the list of available networks, tap on WPS.
- Set EAP METHOD to PEAP, PHASE 2 AUTHENTICATION to None, CA CERTIFICATE to Do not Validate. Enter the SMART Panel credentials into the IDENTITY and PASSWORD fields. Leave ANONOMOUS IDENTITY blank. Click the Save button. (If you do not have the wireless credentials for the SMART Panel, please contact Helpdesk.)
- Verify you now have WiFi access.
Rebooting the SMART Panel
Method 1: Soft Reboot
- On the right side of the panel, you’ll see the physical buttons to control the device. Hold down the power button until the device verifies you want to shut it down.
- Slide the slider to the right to verify shutdown.
- After the device turns off, turn it back on.
Method 2: Hard Reboot
- Behind and underneath the SMART Panel (from the right side), there is a physical switch. Flip it to the off position.
- Wait a few seconds, and flip it back to the on position.
Viewing a Notebook document on a SMART Panel
Method 1: USB Flash Drive
- Copy your Notebook file onto a flash drive.
- Properly eject the flash drive from your computer and plug it in on the right-side of the SMART Panel.
- It may or may not tell you that a USB device has been connected. If not, tap on the Files icon on the homescreen.
- Click on the arrow ( > ) to the left of Shared Board Files and select USB Files.
- Tap on your Notebook file to open it.
Method 2: SMART Learning Online
- Open your Notebook file in Notebook.
- Click on File and select “Share”.
- Sign into SMART Learning Online if not already signed in.
- Click “Share with a SMART Board”
- Follow the on-screen directions within SMART Notebook.